Today, many users rely on their smartphones for anything and everything. In fact, for some, their phone has become the primary means of accessing the internet, and data services are almost always accessible from anywhere at any time. As such, it is only natural that smartphone manufacturers continue innovating to ensure users stay interested in their products. In this blog post, we'll take a look at the latest updates to Android 13 and iOS 16. Both operate on an OS with multiple versions released since its initial launch a few years ago. But each update brings new features and functionality that users will love—especially if they're constantly using their phones.
What's new in Android 13?
Android is the world's most popular operating system and is used by over 80% of smartphone users. It continually evolves to keep up with the latest technologies and trends. As such, Android 13 is the newest version of the Android OS and is expected to be released in the third quarter of this year. Android 13 is based on the latest version of the popular open-source operating system, "Android Open Source Project" or AOSP. The difference between Android Q and Android AOSP is that AOSP includes the primary operating system and is used by developers as a base to create applications.
Android 13: The latest version of Android that will be released soon
Android 13, is expected to be released soon. As such, details about this version are currently being kept under wraps. However, we know it will come with many new features and functionality. However, you can expect to see the following functionalities and features when you upgrade to Android Q.
An Improved User Interface:
One of the things you'll love about Android 13 is the user interface. The interface will be cleaner and more straightforward, allowing you to focus on your work or tasks without getting distracted by other information or options you don't need.
Android is well-known for its security features. And with Android Q, these security features will be even better. Android Q is expected to introduce support for the Private Remote Inspection (RPI) feature. This will enable you to inspect another device from your Android device remotely.
Autofill is a feature that allows you to store passwords and other sensitive information in Android. With the next version of Android, you'll be able to select the Autofill feature and use it to fill out forms quickly. This is particularly useful if you use the same password for multiple online accounts.
Here are some recent updates and features for Android 13.
With Android 13, you can ensure that your devices reflect who you are on your terms. It is jam-packed with brand-new features for your phone and tablet, including the expansion of app color theming to more apps, language settings that can be adjusted at the app level, more excellent privacy controls, and even the capability to quickly copy text and media from one Android device and paste it on another.
Here are our top 11 reasons to enjoy Android 13 out of the many that exist:
1. On Material You, Android 13's improved visual appeal and design are based. Non-Google apps can be modified to match the theme and colors of your phone's wallpaper, giving your home screen a more unified look that is specific to your taste.
2. We've added a top feature request for the numerous Android users who are multilingual. You can retain your phone's operating system in one language while having your apps in a different language by assigning particular languages to each.
3. A new media player in Android 13 adapts its appearance and feel to the music or podcast you're listening to. For instance, as you listen to music, the media player highlights album art and features a playback metre that moves as you listen to more of the song.
4. Android has strongly emphasized your welfare, and getting enough sleep is essential. You can further personalize Bedtime mode in Android 13 by using a dark theme and dimmed background. When preparing to go to bed, these screen options assist your eyes in adjusting to the darkness.
5. The days of having to share your whole media library with your apps are long gone. With Android 13, you can limit their access to only the selected images and videos.
6. Make sure no one unauthorized can access your clipboard. Android will automatically wipe your clipboard history after a specific time if you copy sensitive information like your email address, phone number, or login credentials onto your smartphone.
7. Android 13 ensures you only receive the alerts you request and lets you manage your notifications. Instead of being able to send messages by default, the apps you download now require your specific authorization.
8. With spatial audio, you can experience being right in the heart of the action. When using compatible headphones with head tracking, Spatial Audio adjusts the sound source to follow the movement of your head, providing a more immersive listening experience on your Android smartphone or tablet.
9. Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Audio, a new Bluetooth audio protocol that offers reduced latency than traditional audio, is adopted by Android 13. As a result, there is less latency, and you can hear audio that is in better sync with the sound source. You may simultaneously broadcast audio to numerous devices and experience improved audio quality with Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Audio.
10. With Android 13, multitasking on a tablet is even simpler. On tablets, you can now see all of your apps at a glance and quickly drag and drop any app in your library into the split-screen mode, thanks to the newly revamped taskbar.
11. Android tablets will distinguish between touches made with your palm and a stylus pen. Therefore, you'll encounter fewer unintentional stray marks when writing or drawing on your tablet due to simply resting your palm on the screen.
What's new in IOS 16
As we've mentioned, Android 13 is expected to be released in Q3 of this year. We know so far about iOS 16 that is containing new and improved features that surely help keep your device safe and protected from malware and viruses. The features which are available in iOS 16 are mentioned below:
Enhanced iCloud and Siri:
One of the things you'll love about the latest version of iOS is iCloud and Siri. The newest version of iOS is containing an improved cloud service that will allow you to store and sync data in the cloud. It will also allow you to share data with other users.
More Security Features:
One of the most important aspects of any device is security. This is particularly important for those who use their phone for work or business. The latest version of iOS will come with enhanced security features to protect your device against malware and other threats.
Animoji is a feature that lets you create and use an Animoji avatar on your device. You can use it to communicate with other users by making the avatar speak and emote using your voice or facial expressions. The latest version will introduce a new Animoji feature. You'll also be able to create custom Animoji using the custom avatar feature.
iOS 16: New features and what you will see when you upgrade
The latest version of iOS has come with improvements that is going to improve the performance of your device. These include improvements to the camera, and a faster keyboard.
Siri is a voice assistant that allows you to interact with your device using voice commands. With the latest version of iOS, Siri will learn more about you and your preferences. This will enable it to access information faster and more accurately.
Enhanced Cloud Service:
The latest version of iOS will come with an improved cloud service that will let you store, sync, and share data more efficiently.
The latest version of iOS will introduce new Animojis. You'll also be able to create custom Animojis using the custom avatar feature.
iOS 16 has came with a new features that allows you to create multiple profiles on your device. This is particularly useful if you share your device with your children or want to create a "work profile" and a "personal profile."
Features You'll Love in iOS 16
1. Your iPhone is about to get a lot more powerful. With Apple's new A12 Bionic chip, your iPhone will have 8 Hexa-core processors and 7 trillion operations per second. With the new chip, your iPhone will have the power to tackle more of your day-to-day tasks than ever before.
2. Augmented reality is becoming a familiar experience on your iPhone and iPad. ARKit 2 allows you to create persistent AR experiences that follow you as you move around a space and refine how virtual content appears in real-world environments to look and feel more realistic.
3. Your privacy is more important than ever, and Apple takes it very seriously. In iOS 16, it's easier than ever to keep your data private from prying eyes by giving apps automatic end-to-end encryption.
iOS 16: Siri and iCloud updates
This week, we're introducing two new ways to help you stay organized on your devices using Siri and iCloud. With these new features, you'll be able to keep more information in sync across all of your devices using Siri and iCloud:
Siri on iOS and macOS can now remind you of important information stored in the email you may have missed. To enable this feature, go to Settings - Reminders - iCloud - Send Reminders to Devices and turn on 'Send reminders to other devices. Then, when you receive an email containing reminder information, Siri will prompt you to open the email in Mail (or any other mail client on your device) so that the reminder also appears in Siri.
With iCloud, you can keep all your photos, documents, and settings up to date on all your devices. Now, you can do even more with iCloud on iOS 16: view details of your transactions when making purchases on the App Store and iTunes Store; update app subscriptions; check device stats for Apple Watch.
Which OS should you install?
It is important to remember that the latest Android Q is expected to be released in Q3. On the other hand, Apple has already released iOS 16. This means that iOS users will have a chance to try out the latest OS before Android users. If you are an Andorid user, we recommend waiting a few days or weeks before you upgrade to see what the new version of Android has to offer. This way, you'll be able to see what new features iOS users will have access to first. The latest version of Android comes with many new parts and functionalities that will help keep your device protected.
Similarly, the latest version of iOS has already came with enhanced security features that protect your device from malware and other threats. It is important to remember that the newest version of Android is expected to be released in the third quarter of this year. On the other hand, the latest version of iOS has already released. This means that iOS users will have a chance to try out the newest version before Android users.
Want to Build an App?
Ready to turn your app idea into reality? Our Mobile App Development Company specializes in transforming concepts into cutting-edge applications. From design to deployment, we're committed to delivering innovative solutions tailored to your needs. Let's bring your app vision to life!
In this article, we will examine the new features that Android version 13 and iOS version 16 provide customers. Both have been around for a long time and keep improving with each new iteration. Every year, more unique OS updates are issued, and they're essential for keeping your phone secure, performing smoothly, and having features you can use. You might not even immediately notice the tiny improvements brought by these updates. However, these features can increase your phone's battery life, protect it from viruses, and make it simpler to operate.